- Since 1974
- Created by Herbalists
- Promotes Healthy Lactation
- Naturally Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
- Herbal Supplement
- Non GMO Project Verified
- USDA Organic
- Certified by the California Organic Farmers (CCOF)
- Certified B Corporation
- Foeniculum Vulgare Subsp. Vulgare Var. Vulgare
Organic Mother's Milk
The herbs in this tea-fennel, anise, coriander, fenugreek and blessed thistle- are galactagogues, which come from the Greek work "galactos:, meaning "milk", and "agogue", which means "bringer of". Women have been successfully using these herbs for centuries to help them breastfeed.
We've Got the Right Stuff
We raise the bar. The quality standard of the herbs we use is hard to pronounce, difficult to meet, and it's what makes us different, better. We're not ashamed to say it. Pharmacopoeial: it's the only quality standard our herbalists can rely one when blending teas for your health and wellness.
Personality - Supportive, empowering and believes in you.
Herbal Powder - Traditional European herbs used to help nursing mothers with breast milk production.
Reason to Love - While your bundle of joy is probably causing you no end of delight, moms can also feel overwhelmed and tired, especially when it comes to breastfeeding. We love the fact that the herbs in this formula have been traditionally used to help mothers support their production of breast milk and to promote healthy lactation. With fennel and anise (which give the tea a sweet, licorice-like taste), and coriander and fenugreek, each sip is like stepping into a tradition that been passed down from woman to woman for hundreds of years.
Taste- Sweet, slightly bitter with a distinct licorice-like taste.
- Pour 8 oz freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.
- Cover cup & steep for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup.
- Enjoy 3-5 cups daily. Good with honey!
100% Certified Organic Ingredients
This product is intended for use when nursing. Please discuss use of this product, and any other supplement products, with your lactation consultant, midwife or other healthcare practitioner.
Do not use this product is you are allergic to plants in the parsley (Apiaceae) family, such as fennel or coriander, or plants within the daisy (Asteraceae) family such as chamomile, echinacea or blessed thistle. If pregnant and breastfeeding, consult your lactation consultant, midwife or healthcare practitioner prior to use.
|Serving Size: 1 cup brewed tea|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Organic bitter fennel fruit [PhEur]**||560 mg||†|
|Organic anise fruit [PhEur]**||350 mg||†|
|Organic coriander fruit [PhEur]**||210 mg||†|
|Organic fenugreek seed [PhEur]**||35 mg||†|
|Organic blessed thistle herb [DAC]**||35 mg||†|
|Proprietary Blend:||560 mg|
|Organic spearmint leaf||†|
|Organic West Indian lemongrass leaf||†|
|Organic lemon verbena leaf||†|
|Organic marshmallow root||†|
|† Daily Value not established.
**This is the pharmacopoeia quality standard we use because quality matters.
Is your milk supply really low?
Have you heard
about our sponsor
What if you are not quite sure about baby’s current weight gain (perhaps baby hasn’t had a weight check lately)? If baby is having an adequate number of wet and dirty diapers then the following things does not mean that you have low milk supply:
- Your baby nurses frequently. Breastmilk is digested quickly (usually in 1.5-2 hours), so breastfed babies need to eat more often than formula-fed babies. Many babies have a strong need to suck or latch on. They also require continuous contact with mother to feel secure. All these things are normal, and you cannot spoil your baby by meeting these needs.
- Your baby suddenly increase the frequency and length of nursings. This is often a growth spurt. The baby nurses more (this usually lasts a few days to a week), which increases your milk supply. Don’t offer baby any supplements when this happens because supplementing will indicate to your body that baby does not need extra milk, hence your breast milk supply will decrease..
- Your baby nurses more often and is fussy in the evening.
- Your breasts don’t leak milk, or only leak a little, or stop leaking. Leaking has nothing to do with your milk supply. It stops after your milk supply has adjusted to your baby’s need.
- Your breasts suddenly seem tender. Again, this normally happens after your milk supply has adjusted to your baby’s needs.
If you are concerned about your milk supply decreasing, it will be very helpful to get in touch with a trained breast feeding consultant or gynae. If your baby is not gaining weight or is losing weight, you need to keep in close contact with his or her doctor, since it’s possible that a medical condition can cause this. Supplementing may be necessary for babies who are losing weight until your milk supply increases. If supplementing is medically necessary, the best thing to supplement your baby with is your own pumped milk. We found out that drinking natural and organic tea like this organic Mother's milk tea really works in increasing breastmilk supply naturally.
These things can cause or contribute to a low milk supply:
- Supplementing. breastfeeding or nursing's a supply &demand process. Milk is produced as your baby nurses, & the amount that he or she nurses lets your body know how much milk is needed. Every bottle that your baby gets means that your body gets the signal to produce that much less milk.
- Pacifiers. Pacifier can affect your baby’s latch. They can also significantly reduce the amount of time your baby spends at the breasts, which may cause your milk supply to go down.
- Scheduled feedings interfere with the supply & demand of milk production & can cause a reduced supply, sometimes months later rather than instantly. Nurse your baby whenever he or she is hungry.
- Sleepy baby. For the 1st few weeks, some babies are very sleepy & only need to breasfeed infrequently for shorter periods. When your baby wakes up and begins to breast feed well, nursing your baby at least every 2-hours during the daytime and at least every 4hours nightly to establish your milk supply.
- Stopping feeding before your baby ends the feeding herself can interact with the supply and demand cycle. Additionally your milk-increases in fat content later into a feeding, which helps baby gain weight and last longer between feedings.
- Offering only one breast per feeding. This is fine if your milk supply is well-established and baby is gaining weight healthily. If you’re trying to increase your milk supply, let baby finish the first side, and then only offer the other side.
- Health issues with baby (including, jaundice and so on) can prevent baby from removing milk sufficiently from the breasts, thus lowering the milk supply.
- Mom’s health (low blood,anemia or hypothyroidism, retained placenta, postpartum hemorrhag), previous breast surgery, hormone probs (such as PCOS), med she's taking & smoking also have the influence to affect milk production.
Milk production again, is a demand & supply process. If you need to increase milk supply, it’s important to understand how milk is being made internally. Understanding this will help you to do the right things to increase milk supply naturally.
To boost up milk production and improve milk supply, the key is this-remove more milk from the breast & do this often so that less milk accumulates in the breast between feeding. Supplementing with natural and organic teas that help mothers milk production like these helps tremendously too.
- Expiration Date: Jan 2020
- Shipping Weight: 0.37 lbs (0.17 kg)
- Product Code: TRA-00014
- UPC Code: 032917000149
- Package Quantity: 16 Wrapped Tea Bags, .99 oz (28 g)
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 3.2 x 2.7 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
Really Really Works!
I drink 3 cups of tea a day, and I've started making sun tea with it. I sweeten with a little honey. It's not my favorite flavor, but it Really Really Works! I pump twice a day to build up a back up supply for when I leave baby boy with grandma for the evening or maybe indulge in a couple glasses of wine. I like to pump at least 8 oz. a day. If I go one day without drinking this tea I notice a decline in my milk production. I always have enough for baby boy, but the extra I pump isn't as much. I would recommend this to any mommy struggling with low milk supply.
Full boobies + full baby = happy baby&mommy
I only had to have one cup of this tea & my milk supply returned to a stable overflow.. Forced by my doctor I had to take bc; that in return slowed my milk supply down a lot.. Almost dry but THANK JESUS CHRIST THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY I am overflowing with milk.. Isn't God the Greatest??? & this tea is AWESOME BC it REALLY REALLY works!! Now I am feeling better because I can give my daughter all that she needs by simply breastfeeding & I was able to do that bc of mothers milk.. Incredible thank you makers of this tea!!!
It helps for sure!
I like the traditional flavor with the fenagreek herbs in the mix. Drinking 3 cups a day along with the required water intake helps make sure my milk supply is very full... if i miss a feeding or a pump schedule (because of my work schedule) this helps my supply stay on track. The other flavor doesnt respond as fast to increasing the milk. But tastes better. I usually alternate drinking them.
Another note, i bought 2 boxes of each and gave the extra to my friend.... as a gift and she is always telling me how much she appreciated the tea because it helps her too. She works full time as well.
Nursing for the 4th Time
I've purchased this tea each time I nursed my boys, and it's so much better than taking a fenugreek supplemental pill. The taste is delicious, and I don't have to worry about it effecting my supply like with other teas. I highly recommend this tea to any nursing mother.
There's a dip in my milk supply when I get periods. like my supply goes to 20 ml but this tea helped me now I am pumping 3 Oz ...thanks to mothers milk tea
|Zone||Order Price Range (RM)||Delivery Fee (RM)|