A broad, practical introduction to operations, reinforced with an extensive collection of practice problems.
Operations Management presents a broad introduction to the field of operations in a realistic and practical manner, while offering the largest and most diverse collection of problems on the market. The problems found in this text also contain ample support—found in the book’s solved-problems, worked examples, and myomlab, Pearson’s new online homework and tutorial system—to help students complete and understand assignments even when they’re not in class.
For a briefer version without the business analytic modules at the end of the text, see Heizer/Render’s Principles of Operations Management: Sustainability and Supply Chain Management, 9e.
- Tutorial Chapters—Statistical Tools for Managers, Acceptance Sampling, The Simplex Method of Linear Programming, The MODI and VAM Methods of Solving Transportation Problems, and Vehicle Routing and Scheduling—are provided as additional material on myomlab and the Companion Website, www.pearsonhighered.com/heizer.
- Virtual Office Hours. Professors Heizer and Render appear on myomlab, walking students through each of the chapters’ Solved Problems.
- Additional Practice Problems. These problems provide problem-solving experience. They supplement the examples and solved problems found in each chapter.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction to Operations Management
1. Operations and Productivity
2. Operations Strategy in a Global Environment
3. Project Management
Part II. Designing Operations
5. Design of Goods and Services
S5. Sustainability in the Supply Chain
6. Managing Quality
S6. Statistical Process Control
7. Process Strategy
Capacity and Constraint Management
8. Location Strategies
9. Layout Strategies
10. Human Resources, Job Design, and Work Measurement
Part III. Managing Operations
11. Supply-Chain Management
S11. Supply-Chain Analytics
12. Inventory Management
13. Aggregate Planning and S&OP
14. Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP
15. Short-Term Scheduling
16. Just-in-Time, TPS, and Lean Operations
17. Maintenance and Reliability
|Zone||Order Total (RM)||Delivery Fee (RM)|
|West Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|
|East Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|