A Concise, Accessible Introduction to Java Programming
Ideal for a wide range of introductory computer science courses, Java: An Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming , 8th Edition introduces students to object-oriented programming and important concepts such as design, testing and debugging, programming style, interfaces and inheritance, and exception handling. A concise, accessible introduction to Java, the text covers key Java language features in a manner that resonates with introductory programmers. Objects are covered early and thoroughly in the text. The author’s tried-and-true pedagogy incorporates numerous case studies, programming examples, and programming tips, while flexibility charts and optional graphics sections allow instructors to order chapters and sections based on their course needs. This 8th Edition incorporates new examples, updated material, and revisions.
- Emphasizes problem solving and programming techniques through Java syntax
- Graphics supplements have changed from Swing to JavaFX, with the exception of JOptionPane. The JavaFX material introduces drawing, layout, event handling, and common UI controls.
- The Swing chapters are still available online.
- Examples of event-driven programming with the event handler in a separate class, the main application class, an anonymous inner class, and using lambda functions are included. Java applets material has been removed from the printed text, but is still available as an online chapter.
- An introduction to the Timeline and Scene Builder is included.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Computers and Java
2. Basic Computation
3. Flow of Control: Branching
4. Flow of Control: Loops
5. Defining Classes and Methods
6. More About Objects and Methods
8. Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Interfaces
9. Exception Handling
10. Streams, File I/O, and Networking
12. Dynamic Data Structures and Generics
1. Getting Java
2. Running Applets
3. Protected and Package Modifiers
4. The DecimalFormat Class
6. Differences Between C++ and Java
7. Unicode Character Codes
8. Introduction to Java 8 Functional Programming
9. The Iterator Interface
11. Java Reserved Keywords
|Zone||Order Total (RM)||Delivery Fee (RM)|
|West Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|
|East Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|