- This ‘with answers’ edition includes sample answers with teacher comments that help students understand what is required of them.
- Includes Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language Core and Extended exam-style questions, providing differentiation opportunities.
- First language students can also use this book to develop their skills.
- Combines practice in summary and note-taking with guided help across six themes – Science and the body, Animal life, World of plants, Personal challenges, Leisure and lifestyle, and Trends – past, present and future.
- Skills strategy training in every task helps students think about how they structure their answers.
- The Skills builder sections in the note-taking tasks support the student turn notes into organised text.
- The combined vocabulary and writing pages offer deeper learning and develop learning strategies.
- The ‘without answers’ edition is ideal for classroom or homework use.
How to use this book
Science and the body:
Note-taking 1 Tackling dyslexia in children
Summary 1 All in the mind?
Note-taking 2 Antibiotic resistance
Summary 2 The enemy within
Note-taking 3 The thrill of watching whales
Summary 3 Why zoo cats lose their cool
Note-taking 4 Dogs on the defensive
Summary 4 Undercover cats
The world of plants:
Note-taking 5 A natural antiseptic
Summary 5 The rose, queen of all flowers
Note-taking 6 Sweet talk
Summary 6 The mangoes in your trolley
Note-taking 7 Lost on the mountain
Summary 7 Young ambassadors
Note-taking 8 Taking a gap year
Summary 8 My daughter can achieve whatever she wants
Leisure and lifestyle:
Note-taking 9 The ugly side of clean power
Summary 9 From schoolboy to clown
Note-taking 10 The world of the Incas
Summary 10 What’s for dinner, Mum?
Trends – past, present and future:
Note-taking 11 Birth of a barcode
Summary 11 Pupils find internet ‘a poor learning tool’
Note-taking 12 Thirsty work
Summary 12 Lost for words
Skills practice: Core level:
Note-taking 13 The Huron-Wendat
Summary 13 Travel writer
Note-taking 14 The rise of the robot
Summary 14 Laughter: the best medicine
Skills practice: Extended level:
Note-taking 15 The Huron-Wendat
Summary 15 Serval rescue
Note-taking 16 The rise of the robot
Summary 16 Space mission
Topic vocabulary and writing tasks
Teacher notes (with Key edition only)
Answer key (with Key edition only)
|Cambridge - IGCSE|
How To Buy
|Zone||Order Total (RM)||Delivery Fee (RM)|
|West Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|
|East Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|