Size (length*width*height): 32cm x 23cm x 6cm
What's in the box:
Absolute C++, Global Edition textbook x1
Introduction and Advancement in C++ Programming
Absolute C++ is a comprehensive introduction to the C++ programming language. The text is organized around the specific use of C++, providing students with an opportunity to master the language completely. Adaptable to a wide range of users, the text is appropriate for beginner to advanced programmers familiar with the C++ language.
The Sixth Edition covers everything from basic syntax to more advanced topics, such as polymorphism, exception handling, and the Standard Template Library, making it ideal for both beginner and intermediate students. Updated to reflect the most recent changes in the C++ language, Absolute C++ teaches students to become proficient in a widely used and important programming language.
Absolute C++ contains the following features to facilitate learning:
UPDATED! All material is up-to-date with the latest information about the C++ language
- UPDATED! Introduction to C++ 11 in the context of C++ 98 includes new integer types, the auto type, raw string literals, strong enumerations, nullptr, ranged for loop, conversion between strings and integers, member initializers, and constructor delegation.
- NEW! Chapter 1 includes a new short introduction to reading data from a file text, allowing students to solve relevant, complex problems early on in the text.
- NEW! Chapter 12 has a new section that teaches students to use stringstream to convert between string and other data types.
- NEW! Chapter 13 now describes tail recursion and contains a new example on mutual recursion.
- NEW! Additional material has been added throughout the text on sorting, the Standard Template Library, iterators, and exception handling.
- NEW! An appendix has been added that introduces the std::array class, regular expressions, threads, and smart pointers.
- REVISED! Errata has been corrected.
A flexible text easily adaptable to individual course structure
- Topic presentation allows instructors to accommodate the text to their course without losing any essential material.
- Chapter introductions guide instructors by telling them what information students must know before approaching the coming chapter.
- Chapters cover introductory to advanced topics in C++ able to be used in various course levels. Advanced C++ topics include virtual functions, templates, and exceptions.
- The Sixth Edition is fully compatible with the latest ANSI/ISO C++ standards.
Pedagogical features facilitate learning a complex programming language
- Summary boxes provide brief synopses of major points in each chapter to reinforce core concepts.
- Self-test exercises and answers allow students to test their knowledge of key topics. Readers can check their answers at the end of the chapter to track their understanding of the information.
- Abundant code displays explain potentially confusing or difficult portions of the code.
- Tips instruct readers on best programming practices, why they are recommended, and how to execute them effectively.
- Pitfalls warn readers about common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Examples feature complete programs that solve a specific problem, with an extended code display highlighting the useful features of C++.
- Chapter summaries provide concise overviews of each chapter’s fundamental concepts.
- NEW! 15 Programming projects have been added to the text that challenge readers to design and implement a C++ program to solve a problem.
A companion website provides supplementary information to ease the learning process
- Student support material available on the Companion Website includes self-check quizzes, source code, PowerPoint® slides, and VideoNotes.
- NEW! 5 VideoNotes have been added to the companion site that explain programming concepts presented in the text in step-by-step video tutorials. These videos allow students to reinforce major concepts and view the entire problem-solving process outside of the classroom. VideoNotes are indicated by an icon in the text.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 C++ BASICS 1
Chapter 2 FLOW OF CONTROL 45
Chapter 3 FUNCTION BASICS 99
Chapter 4 PARAMETERS AND OVERLOADING 145
Chapter 5 ARRAYS 185
Chapter 6 STRUCTURES AND CLASSES 239
Chapter 7 CONSTRUCTORS AND OTHER TOOLS 275
Chapter 8 OPERATOR OVERLOADING, FRIENDS, AND REFERENCES 321
Chapter 9 STRINGS 367
Chapter 10 POINTERS AND DYNAMIC ARRAYS 419
Chapter 11 SEPARATE COMPILATION AND NAMESPACES 471
Chapter 12 STREAMS AND FILE I/O 515
Chapter 13 RECURSION 571
Chapter 14 INHERITANCE 613
Chapter 15 POLYMORPHISM AND VIRTUAL FUNCTIONS 661
Chapter 16 TEMPLATES 693
Chapter 17 LINKED DATA STRUCTURES 731
Chapter 18 EXCEPTION HANDLING 825
Chapter 19 STANDARD TEMPLATE LIBRARY 857
Chapter 20 PATTERNS AND UML (online at www.pearsonhighered.com/savitch)
Appendix 1 C++ KEYWORDS 915
Appendix 2 PRECEDENCE OF OPERATORS 917
Appendix 3 THE ASCII CHARACTER SET 919
Appendix 4 SOME LIBRARY FUNCTIONS 921
Appendix 5 OLD AND NEW HEADER FILES 929
|Zone||Order Total (RM)||Delivery Fee (RM)|
|West Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|
|East Malaysia||Flat Rate||FREE|