SALUS Floradix Calcium Magnesium
Salus® Calcium Magnesium is a trusted bone supplement designed to support everyone's need for a highly absorbable tonic that ensures calcium goes where it's needed—in the bones, instead of soft tissue.
Bone loss actually begins around age 30.
That's why you should start strengthening your bones now.
Thin, fragile bones are not just a concern for the elderly, but for young people as well.
Because There's More To Bone Health Than Just Calcium
Both calcium and magnesium are critical for strong bones, however, the average person's intake of these minerals is unbalanced.
The ratio of calcium consumption far outweighs that of magnesium consumption, which affects their subsequent absorption and utilization and sets the stage for weak bones and over-calcification of the body.
New studies are showing us that the best way to maintain the health of our bones is not through increased calcium intake alone, but rather through the regular use of a balanced calcium magnesium supplement that effectively addresses the many complicated issues that prevent theadequate absorption and proper utilisation of calcium.
Salus® Calcium Magnesium, combined with a fun exercise regime and a well-rounded diet of mineral-rich foods, gives you the tools you need to build and maintain great bones—for a lifetime.
Some of the symptoms of iron deficiency are:
- Fatigue and general lack of energy
- Decreased ability to concentrate
- Decreased endurance during exercise
- Increased frequency of infection
- Ridges along the fingernails
- Paleness and/or dark circles under the eyes
Understand Your Calcium SupplementsLiquid vs. Solid:
The average person's body will only dissolve 20% of most solid supplements and will eliminate the remaining 80% possibly causing constipation, gas and bloating.
A liquid solution does not need to be dissolved, approximately 98% of the elemental amount will be available for absorption.
Rates of Absorption:
Dietary calcium is absorbed at an average rate of 10-30% and most calcium supplements are absorbed at rates anywhere between 4% and 45% depending on the forms of calcium used.
Salus® Calcium Magnesium provides the highest rate of absorption possible with a combination of calcium lactate and gluconate, which boost absorption rates of 45% and 50% respectively.Calcium Compounds – Of the four top selling calcium compounds on the market:
- Calcium Carbonate is inorganic, insoluble in liquid, requires stomach acid and vitamin D for absorption and its absorption rate plateaus after approximately 500mg.
- Calcium Citrate is organic and soluble but when taken in large enough quantities in liquid to have a positive impact on your health, its taste is very bitter. However, it is a good choice for use in a solid supplement.
- Calcium Lactate and Gluconate are organic, have a pleasant taste and are both highly soluble in liquid form. Most importantly, they do not rely only on "active transport" sites, located at the beginning of the small intestine, for absorption. These sites are vitamin D dependent and are limited as to the amount of calcium that they can take in. Only a soluble calcium compound, such as calcium lactate or gluconate, can also take advantage of the independent "passive diffusion" sites in the more alkaline environment at the end of the small intestine. These sites allow absorption regardless of stomach acid levels, age, gender, nutrition or hormone status and are limited only by intestinal transit time. Highly soluble throughout the entire digestive tract, these are extremely bio-available forms of calcium.
Co-Factors for proper utilization:
Magnesium is a key factor for bone strength.Sufficient amounts are required to ensure proper calcium utilisation, thereby preventing calcium deposits in soft tissue. Salus Calcium Magnesium uses a higher ratio of magnesium to help properly utilise both supplemented and dietary calcium and to address the increasing problem of over- calcification of the body.
Vitamin D has been added to facilitate the adequate absorption of calcium (including dietary sources) at the vitamin D dependant, active transport sites.
Zinc has been added to assist bone matrix synthesis.
- Salus® Calcium Magnesium - Safely and Effectively Maintains Bone Health Over A Lifetime.
- Higher Magnesium to Calcium Ratio:
Facilitates bone strength and proper calcium utilization to help prevent calcium deposits in soft tissue
- Useable Calcium Dosage: Satisfies daily supplemental calcium needs and is safe for long-term supplementation
- Highly Soluble Calcium Compounds: Bound to organic acids that can be readily absorbed regardless of age, nutrition or hormone status
- Easy-to-Digest Liquid Solution: Allows for more contact with absorption sites & does not require dissolving, leaving approximately 98% of the elemental calcium available for absorption
- Added Zinc and Vitamin D: Essential co-factors in the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. Contains vitamin D3 which is a more potent form than the commonly used vitamin D2.
Prepared in a natural and delicious fruit juice base along with aqueous herbal extracts, and bottled in recyclable glass
- Vegetarian liquid formula- Certified kosher
- Free of gluten, wheat, yeast, dairy, lactose, alcohol, artificial additives and preservatives
How Salus® Calcium Magnesium works?
- Salus® Calcium Magnesium is a factor in maintaining good health and supports the
calcium and magnesium needs of men, women and adolescents.
- Calcium gluconate and calcium lactate are highly soluble organic compounds of calcium
suitable for use in liquid solutions and are rapidly absorbed throughout the digestive tract
- Calcium gluconate and lactate are able to utilize both types of absorption sites in the small intestine - active transport sites located at the beginning of the small intestine and passive diffusion sites located in the more alkaline environment at the end of the small intestine
- A higher magnesium to calcium ratio helps lessen the risk of calcification problems
- Easy-to-swallow liquid formula
- Safe low dose for daily, long-term use
Ingredients: Aqueous extracts from: hibiscus, chamomile, fennel and spinach; fructose syrup; fruit juice concentrates (mango, orange), magnesium gluconate, magnesium citrate, calcium lactate.
thickener: locust seed flour, zinc citrate, natural flavors, vitamin D3.
Volume: 500 ml
Product of Germany