Author/Editor: Kua Kia Soong
New Pb 184 pp.
Subject: Film,History & Biography,Malaysia,Politics
The officially sponsored film, 'Tanda Putera' clearly set out to try to rebut Kua Kia Soong's 2007 book in which he contended, with support from declassified British official documents, that the 'May 13' pogrom of 1969 was in fact a coup detat orchestrated by ambitious elements in UMNO against the Tunku-led aristocratic class.
In contrast, Tanda Putera's director claims she was merely using her "creative licence" to invent an episode of a Chinese youth urinating on a flag pole at the Selangor Menteri Besar's residence, an episode, which in the film, was portrayed as another provocation that led to the pogrom.
Kua's polemic against the 'Tanda Putera' director's attack can be read in this latest collection of his articles published in the online press. It is essential reading for all who value the truth about critical episodes in Malaysian history such as May 13, the Emergency, and the Japanese Occupation.
As in his past collection, Kua writes prolifically on important issues that challenge Malaysia today -- 'Malay special rights'; the return of Chin Peng's ashes to his homeland; the scorpene submarines scandal; the 13th general election, the Education blueprint; the harassment of SUARAM; detention without trial; New Economic Policy, energy policy, defence policy, HINDRAF and others. Several of his well-researched articles have gone viral on the internet.
DR KUA KIA SOONG is director of Malaysian Human rights organization, SUARAM. He was principal of the community-funded New Era College (2000-08); Opposition Member of Parliament for Petaling Jaya (1990-95); Director of the Malaysian Chinese Research Centre (1985-90); Political detainee under the ISA (1987-89); Adviser to the Malaysian Chinese Independent Schools (1983-85); Lecturer in Sociology at the National University of Singapore (1978-79).
Foreword by Dr Lim Teck Ghee, Director of Center for Policy Initiatives
Introduction: Fact & Fiction In Malaysian History
1. Deconstructing Prejudice
2. Portrait of An Apologist
3. UMNO Hegemony Finally Shaken
4. Truth & Reconciliation
5. Glorifying Communism & Other Risky Projects
6. Patriots, Pretenders & Selective Forgiveness
7. Who are Malaysia’s Enemies?
8. The Paris Papers on The Scorpene Scandal
9. Scorpene Scandal: Is Jasbir Singh Chahl Credible?
10. Suaram’s Business to Defend Human Rights
11. Harassing Suaram Exposes BN’s Phony Reforms
12. Suaram Exposes The Real Foreign Lackeys
13. Do Malays Have “Special Rights”?
14. Hindraf Blueprint Needs Amendment
15. Pakatan Rakyat & Hindraf: Missed Opportunity
16. NGO Activists and Political Opportunism
17. What are The Fiscal Policies of BN & PR?
18. Minimum Wage & Means Testing for Social Justice
19. GE13: What do Malaysians Want?
20. Boycott Local Council Appointments
21. Spike in Electricity Tariff Justified?
22. The Malaysians People Expect A Shadow Cabinet
23. Blind Spots in The Malaysian Education Blueprint
24. Prevention of Crime Act: Symptom of A Failed State
25. May 13, Kampung Medan – Never Again!
Conclusion: Good Governance Beyond BN & PR
SOS: Support Our SUARAM
Credit Cards (Mastercard & Visa)
We currently accept Mastercard and Visa credit cards. Your credit card information is secured and safeguarded when shopping at Youbeli.com. All information are encrypted and sent through secured and protected channels. As we are employing Mobile88 (iPay88) as our payment gateway, Mobile88 will be stated in your credit card statement.
Financial Process Exchange (FPX)
We also accepts FPX payment method as it is an ideal payment solution for customers who does not have a credit card. All that is needed to make an online payment is an online banking account. Payment is directly linked and connected to the customer's specified online banking account, transactions are usually instant and fast. Supported banks includes:
Cash Bank-in / Online Fund Transfer / Cheque
You may bank-in cash or cheque into the selected bank account below:
Bank : PUBLIC BANK
Account Name : YOUBUY ONLINE SDN BHD
Account No. : 3194858935
Bank : MAYBANK
Account Name : YOUBUY ONLINE SDN BHD
Account No. : 514048612629
Once you have successfully bank-in the amount, email the bank in slip to email@example.com with the stated Order No.
PayPal lets you send payments quickly and securely online using a credit card or bank account.
Not valid for cash only items.
|Zone||Weight||Delivery Fee (RM)|
|West Malaysia||First 0.50 kg||8.00|
|West Malaysia||Additional 0.25 kg||2.00|